Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The first day

I bought the microscope today.  It's the first big purchase to try out this gender swaying thing.  I ordered ovulation predictor strips and Ph tests last week - and went off the pill a month ago to start charting.  But this is the first purchase to really be able to sort the sperm.  I also found out last week that we could have the sperm spun and IUI done in Modesto for only $1600 which is doable. But something about trying it at home makes me feel like there is still a little natural-ness to it. Maybe because I am doing the sort and not a Dr in a lab.  So I guess the microscope is the first step for me to see if I really can sort the sperm out- and find out if I can do this at home.  I also found the faq book today on ingender and wish I had read it first and not jumped all over the blog (still learning the best way to navigate around places). 
Anyways, hubby started night shift last night and so I'll have plenty of time in the evenings to figure out the process.  And once I get the microscope I'll have to talk him into giving me a sample (which reminds me I need to order some test tubes). 
K2 have started a lot of pretend games lately.  Last week it was playing "house" going to sleep on beds they made of couch cushions and then "wake up brother, time to eat" and a trip to the table to grab cheerios.  Too cute!  Today it has been one of them getting "stuck in the muck" and asking the other one to save him.

Reading more and more this evening...for awhile was thinking WOW doing it yourself is just too difficult!  There is a lot involved- diet, supplements, pH, ions, o+12, centifuge spinning, egg white prep, swim up, turkey baster and the microscope to test your sort!  So I was starting to lean to going the Ericcson route and paying- but just read more about that and it REALLY IS them doing the same thing you can do at home just in a lab So now I am back to I can do this myself...so off to read about supplements!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment